Saturday, July 3, 2010

My 25 BUCKET LIST:
25 things I hope to do/accomplish BEFORE the marvelous age of 25

BACKGROUND: Before I begin I just wanted to explain why I made this list in the first place. I was making visits with my RS President (oh... ps I was called to be in the RS presidency in my singles ward. so far so good!). Anywho we were talking about ourselves (getting to know this sister in the ward), and Sara (Pres.) said that she had made this list of things she wanted to do by the time she was 30. I decided I wanted to copy her. So I've made a list this weekend while I was on my way to Prescott, AZ with my beautiful friend Darlene. I hope you enjoy reading my hopes/dreams! I can't wait to start! (PS these aren't in any particular order)
  1. Grow a garden.
  2. Go to South America (I really don't care which country-I just want to go!)
  3. Go on a cruise
  4. Learn to play the song "Flight of the Bumble Bee" on the piano
  5. Learn how to paint! (I've always wanted to try painting. I used to take art in Jr. High. Not gonna lie I had some talent! I would love to give painting a shot.)
  6. Earn my Bachelors (when I graduate from Rio I'll just have my Associate's degree. I want to have a Bachelors... so I'm gonna get it!)
  7. Return to HAWAII! (whether its for 2 weeks or 2 months. I MUST RETURN!)
  8. See an Opera!
  9. Go to a Professional Ballet Recital
  10. Walk the streets of NYC!!! (I love the downtown feel-and NYC is the epitome of that!)
  11. Do Family History work and take the names to the Temple. How amazing will that be? I went to the Temple last week and there were a few people there who did family names. One lady was just so excited to be there and was so happy and proud to be baptized and confirmed for her relatives. I want to be able to do that for my ancestors. =)
  12. Learn to play the guitar (at least a few songs). Some of my fondest memories of my cousins on my dad's side are sitting around while they play the guitar/sing-seriously one of my favorite things!
  13. Float the Salt River (I know... I'm an AZ native and I've never done it)
  14. Take voice lessons
  15. Learn Spanish
  16. Horse back ride on the beach
  17. SCUBA dive (I'll have to really work up to that one... I am a pansie... but Sara inspired me)
  18. Sew my very own dress/Sunday get-up
  19. Make a quilt (I would love to make one with all of my old t-shirts from high school)
  20. Do a 5k or something haha I know thats like... nothing, but I'm not much of a runner as of late. But it would be cool to train for some type of race and do it. I wouldn't be in it for the win (obviously), but for the experience.
  21. Swim with dolphins (childhood dream)
  22. Get a facial
  23. Go to a live recording of a TV show! (preferably So You Think You Can Dance, Tyra, or Ellen D's show)
  24. Road trip it up to Utah and go to General Conference
  25. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
So there you have it! Some of them are easily done... some not so much. I am excited to be alive!
P.S. HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment