Monday, October 17, 2011

Oh Hey Roxbury Frames

DISCLAIMER: This post may paint me as someone who is super shallow or conceited. I assure you that I am neither.

These are my new glasses. I picked them up the beginning of August AND I LOVE THEM!

But I'm not here to just tell you that they are way cuter than my old frames (old, oval, brown, cheap), or that they cost me an arm and my favorite toe (yes I have a favorite toe but that's a subject for another day). I'm here to tell you about their amazing ability to attract those of the opposite sex.

That's right. Boys.

I'm pretty confident that when I brush the contacts aside and become four eyes for the night, the guys actually talk to me! Who'd a thought simply wearing glasses would get the guys attention? Definitely not this girl!

Ok so maybe they don't say, "Oh hey! I like your glasses! Can I have your number?"

However, conversations like this go down:

Man/Guy/Boy: Oh hey! Your glasses are super fly.
Me: Oh why thank you! They are real. (Side Note: I like telling people they are real... there's nothing wrong with wearing fake glasses and I don't have anything against people who do... I personally would feel dumb wearing glasses just as a fashion statement with no solid reason. I actually need them and I think that makes me cooler... just sayin)
Man/Guy/Boy: Oh sweet. I need to get glasses.
Me: Did you want to try them on? (Side Note: Maybe not the most sanitary thing... but... I only use this as a way of flirting w/the really attractive boys)
Man/Guy/Boy: Cool... *puts on glasses*... How do I look? (Side Note: Perfect opportunity for me to flirt some more)
Me: *insert compliment here*

This compliment maybe something like... "Oh they look great with your facial hair." Or (as I look deeply in their eyes) "You are one of only a few people who can really pull them off." (Side Note: That may be an exaggeration... these glasses actually look good on pretty much everyone. On the other hand, they look especially spicy on guys with strong jaw lines and a 5 o'clock shadow...mmm...) Or "Dang son, you look smokin'!"

So in conclusion, my precious Roxbury frames provide me with several opportunities to flirt it up with boys AND they get me compliments... Which in turn gives me more confidence, and if you know me at all, you know that I have the confidence of a gecko (no not the Geico gecko who confidently talks to America about saving 15% or more on car insurance... I'm referring to the geckos who hang out on the walls of my house (outside on the front porch, haha not inside the house). All you have to do is walk up and they scurry to a hiding spot as quickly as possible). Last night I gave out my number to two guys (I'll add that they asked for it). Yes, TWO! I think I'll be wearing these babies more often. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny, Tor! Post a pic with your glasses on for goodness sakes!:-) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super funny! just found your blog, following now :)

    ReplyDelete