You want to read a good book? Allow me to recommend:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
A Novel Written By: Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
"January 1946: Writer Juliet Ashton recieves a letter from a stranger, a founding member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Sociaety. And so begins a remarkable tale of the island of Guernsey during the German occupation, and of a society as extraordinary as its name."
(found on the back of the cover)
There are 2 kinds of good books: the kind that you can't put down and the kind that are, for lack of a better word, great, but you can easily walk away to do normal human things like shower or sleep (we won't talk about what I become whenever I read books that I can't put down).
I just finished a book that falls into the latter category. It was refreshing to be able function while reading a book! It took me a little while to get into it, but totally worth it.
The characters in this book are fantastic! I want to be friends with them. The writing is superb-I laughed, cried and then laughed again.
This is probably one of the most vague book reviews you've ever read, but I'm running out of steam haha. In all seriousness, this book is really a great read!
Oh and I just googled it to get ^ that picture... and guess what? They are making a movie! 2013 and Kate Winslet is playing the heroine- Juliet Ashton. I approve!
Other books I've read within the last year that I recommend:
*The Help by Kathryn Stockett
*The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt
**Matched by Allie Condie (just googled apparently Disney bought the rights to make a movie out of it)
Crossed by Allie Condie (2nd book in Matched trilogy)
*****Hunger Games Series (if you haven't read these... what's your problem?) by Suzanne Collins
**Divergent by Veronica Roth
Austenland by Shannon Hale
**=freaking couldn't put it down!
*****=my favorite!
no star=good




i love when people tell me what good books they've read recently, thank you!
ReplyDelete