Monday, August 20, 2012

oh haiiii

Why hello blogosphere! It's been a long while. Muh bad! Lot's has happened the last few months! I've seen and experienced new things as of late, like tacos al pastor and 110 foot skyscrapers. That's right! I went to Chicago AND Mexico! I had so much fun this summer! I feel so blessed to have been able to go on these wonderful trips and spend time with some of the greatest people I know. 
Before Chicago I got to spend time with my family in Colorado! Love them! I love my Aunt Jessica, Uncle Mike and their BEAUTIFUL (and I mean b-e-a-utiful) girls!
I went to Chicago with Sarah, Dave and Ryan. So happy they invited me!
SOOO glad we were here the weekend of Taste of Chicago! You spend $8=12 tickets and you go around to different food booths/vendors and get fooooood! A big fat food fair? My kinda party. The picture below is some DELICIOUS fried ravioli-mmmm mmm tastey town!


Buckingham Fountain

SkyDeck (see the lovely grandma sock? I got a stress fracture the week before... cool? no. not at all)

At Giordano's waiting for the GREATEST stuffed pizza I've ever had (Ok, the only stuffed pizza I've ever had)


Navy Pier 

Foot Massages on the Metra

Chicago, IL Temple (more on the LDS religion here)

Went to a Cubs game at the infamous Wrigley Field! Guess who they were playing?
The AZ Diamondbacks! Definitely a perk. 


Getting ready to hop on the "L". 

Cloud Gate aka THE BEAN!




Navy Pier Ferris Wheel


Check out the Beautiful Chicago Skyline

Gorgeous I tell you! One of the highlights of the trip was most definitely the architecture tour. 
The other highlight?.... 

...Seeing SUE the largest, most complete T-Rex skelly in the world! The Field Museum was
 UH-MAZING! I loved every second spent there! Its official, I love museums!

Oh and I love dinosaurs. They're sweeeeet!

This is Sue's real head. It was too heavy to be displayed with the body. So cool!


Dave was a wonderful camera man.... We literally have hundreds of pictures of buildings! The architecture and history of Chicago is very cool. Did you know it's called the "Windy City" because of its long-winded politicians? Also it's FREAKING expensive to live there, especially river front property.  

Mexico was great too.  It was like 100* with 100% humidity, aka disgusting! But I stayed in my swimmy suit all day err'day, so it was doable. Highlights: resort right on the beach, tacos, shopping, paletas, tacos, relaxing on the hammocks, burritos the size of your arm, phase 10 in the fort, paletas, pina coladas by the pool side.... Oh heck the whole trip was a highlight! Loved every minute!

Other quick updates: My BFF Michelle left on her mission. My sister will be home in 9 months (half-way baby)! Mary graduated and is now in beauty school at EAC. My brother Will is at EAC.  That means only 4 kiddos left in mi madres house. Cuh-razy!



No comments:

Post a Comment