Thank heavens I could still read it (despite the water damage... oh and don't mind the big fat tear stain).
It reads:
"Dear Tori,
I just want to let you know how special you are to me. yes I know I never tell you often enough but I'm going to change that.
Tori you are the most driven child we have. When you wake up your mind to do something you make it happen. This will help you go far in life and makes me feel great as a father too.
Now of course you are beautiful and smart, you get this from me, unless mom is close by, then you better say it comes from her.
Tori I'm not just saying this because I'm your father. I hear this from a lot of people. You can do just anything you want.
I'm proud to call you 'daughter'.
Love, Dad "
Now if that's not a tender mercy, I don't know what is! This is the highlight of my day.. probably week. I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the wonderful Gospel of Jesus Christ! I know I'll see my sweet Dad again.




cool im crying. i love you tori. and i love your family with all my heart. you are all so special to me and i know Dad's proud of you every single day! I know i am. I love you!
ReplyDeleteThat is the most precious thing I've ever read. I love you!!
ReplyDeleteTori, That letter IS priceless!!! It is all true!
ReplyDeleteThat is so beautiful, Tori. I hope you frame it. Tender mercy is right.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so happy for you that you are moving out- on to the next beautiful adventure:-)