Thursday, December 9, 2010

the art of procrastination

you know procrastination?

I, my friends, am the MASTER of procrastination.

You can try to take the title... but I'm pretty sure I'm the winner.

Not quite sure if I should be proud or ashamed...

Instead of studying, I've been doing some day-dreaming. Let me share what my dreams consisted of:

Shopping. I know, I know. How materialistic of me. Oh well. I like cute clothes ok? It's not like I worship them or anything. I came across this website a couple weeks ago and fell in love. Too bad I am FAR TOO POOR for anything (the "Under $50" section consists of jewelry and adorable outfits for small children). I would like to own one of their dresses someday. So elegant, so sophisticated. So beautiful. I wish every day were a dress up day- like it was in the 50's.

Romance. Not love. Not marriage. Romance. simply someone to like. That would be fun. So would one of these. Dare I say it's been awhile? Cause it has. And it's about time I like someone who likes me back.

Ok so I lied a little. I did dream for a moment about a huge dance party. Aka my wedding reception. It was awesome.

The Open Road. Have you ever wanted to go somewhere sort of by yourself? I have longed for that lately. Like... Really bad. I wish I could get in the car and go. Just drive. Jam out to MY music AS LOUD AS I WANT singing/screaming every word at the top of my lungs. Then arrive to my destination... ideally the beach... sit. read. feel the rays of the sun warming my skin (and burning it-oh well). just... do whatever I please. ugh it would be magical.

And of course... the one thing that is ALWAYS on my mind... GRADUATION! The other day I was thinking about how good it will feel. I cried. For lots of reasons. Thinking of the next few months and how easy, but at the same time hard/stressful, it's going to be is reason enough to cry. However. The fact that I am 5 months away from become a Registered Dental Hygienist is bewildering. Twill be fantastic and I will be throwing a huge party-which you are all invited to.

To sum it all up...
I am a dreamer... who procrastinates.
And I love this song!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! You are so eloquent, my friend. How about you add one more person to your car who sings at the top of her lungs with the windows down? For safety- Roadtrips by yourself are not safe! And instead of the beach we end up at heaven (Eegees) Yes, I think that would satisfy your craving;-) And graduation in 5 months- CRAZY! ITS SO CLOSE!

    ReplyDelete